Senior Payroll Advisor – COINS required for an exciting contracting company that has recently implemented the COINS construction specific ERP system – including COINS payroll. The Senior Payroll Advisor – COINS is responsible for the delivery of the accurate and timely processing of the company’s payroll, ensuring that all employees are paid correctly and on time. This is not a stand-alone position, but rather part of a small team.
- Accurately prepare and input payroll data into the payroll database to include starters, leavers, and amendments
- Deal with complex pay queries and escalate more queries to the Payroll Manager where additional authorisation is required
- Administer and calculate colleague pay, overtime, shift patterns, SSP, SMP, Pensions and other adjustments
- Support with timely and accurate completion of the monthly payrolls (UK and R.O.I)
- Identify and highlight any issues with the payroll database (COINS) and report problems to the Payroll Manager as required. Support with annual system updates and testing as required.
- Keep up to date with relevant regulations/legislation and support the Payroll Manager with implementation of changes where necessary
- Use your knowledge of taxation and pension rules when inputting payroll data to ensure HMRC and Pension Regulator compliance
- Process annual leave and benefits change requests as required
- Administer the time and attendance system (TBC), making changes as required and checking that the time and attendance data that feeds payroll is accurate and correct
- Deputise for the Payroll Manager when they are absent
- Perform any other duties appropriate to the post as required by the Payroll Manager
In return, our client offers the opportunity to work in an excellent environment, to enjoy some remote working / flexibility, a competitive salary and benefits package as well excellent job satisfaction.
Location: Birmingham office three days per week, remote (home working) two days per week
Status: Permanent, Full Time