Our client, the market leading, construction specific software provider, requires a Payroll Support Analyst to join their expanding and dedicated Customer Support Team. The primary purpose of the Payroll Support Analyst is to deliver a high quality and responsive support service to the company’s customers for payroll products and applications, in line with customer SLA’s and internal KPI’s and OLA’s.
We are looking for a focused, hard-working, highly self-motivated and ambitious individual who will go the extra mile for the company’s clients. The Payroll Support Analyst will need to apply strong customer service, time management and analytical skills to the position in order to achieve the goals that the company are working towards.
Duties and Responsibility
- Provide accurate Incident resolution and Service Request management, within established Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Operating Level Agreement (OLA) time frames, meeting or exceeding customer’s requirements and expectations.
- Incidents and Service Requests are managed effectively; ensuring information is captured in the Call Management System for future reference and analysis, in line with ITIL principles.
- Take ownership of incoming customer support requests pertaining to COINs software and perform initial investigations and diagnosis through to incident resolution.
- Troubleshoot customer software incidents and identify root causes of software problems.
- Fix software configuration issues and test solutions prior to customers implementing them.
- Provide ongoing customer contact throughout life cycle of logged request providing regular customer updates.
- Make sound judgement of logged issues to enable quick and efficient resolution or reallocation of related software incidents and defects to other technical and development departments.
- Perform Customer account management administration duties and to effectively manage Customer expectations regarding outstanding software incidents and Coins activities to reach a satisfactory resolution.
- Continuous maintenance of COINs Product knowledge and business awareness.
- Work with the Account Manager and Service Delivery Manager on customer requests taking ownership of the requests.
- Ability to work across various teams within the business including Development, Consultancy, Project Managers and Technical teams.
- Work with other members of the application support team to deliver changes to systems, including training and user documentation.
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with our customers.
- Ensure Customer Support Handbook targets and internal performance objectives are met
- Experience in using the COINs ERP software is advantageous.
- A firm IT related background and Payroll experience is desired for this position – 2 years
- Experience of payroll and HR processing in a multi-client environment is favourable.
- Have knowledge with UK & Irish PAYE legislation and have an understanding of UK and Irish tax, NI deductions, Pensions, Pension Auto Enrolment, SMP, SSP etc.
- An understanding of accounting principles and their application to payroll.
- Experience of supporting Payroll within the Construction Industry is advantageous.
- Historically this role has been suited to personnel whom have worked in Payroll environments and would like to make a transition to a more IT based/driven role.
- CIPP certification is advantageous.
- ITIL practical experience or to hold ITIL foundation certification.
- Have an understating of Payroll and basic accounting business processes within a work environment or gained academically.
- Have an understanding of Payroll and HR within the Construction Industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focused attention to detail.
- Proven problem interrogation and solving skills for business systems.
- Professional customer service delivery skills and professionalised telephone manner.
- Sound time management and organisational skills with ability to make key business decisions.
- Drive and motivation with ambitious outlook with good customer focus.
- Possess the ability to logically prioritise and rationally escalate issues.
- Confident, enthusiastic, tenacious and willing to develop technically on an on-going basis.
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under pressure.
- Team orientated working ethics as well as being self-sufficient and possess the capabilities to work using their own initiative.
- Business logic with an inquisitive mind for resolving complex system software related faults.
Location: Mainly Homeworking/Slough, Berkshire (Main Office)
Salary: Competitive, Plus benefits and On-site parking
Status: Permanent, Full Time