An experienced Payroll Advisor (6 Month Contract/Full or Part Time) is required to join a market leading software company based in Berkshire.
This role of the Payroll Advisor is to take full responsibility for the payroll function for the group’s UK and Ireland trading companies.
The Payroll Advisor will also be required to ensure that all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements are complied with.
The Payroll Advisor position is a stand-alone role within the company’s finance department and the successful candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end payroll process. He or she will have at least three years relevant payroll experience and ideally have suitable payroll qualifications, e.g., CIPP or equivalent professional body.
In return, the company offers a generous salary and benefits package as well an excellent working environment and opportunities for future career development.
Key responsibilities within the Payroll Advisor role
- Responsible for full payroll cycle for monthly UK & ROI payrolls including RTI submissions.
- Ensure compliance with current legislation, internal policies, and procedures. Maintain high level of professional development to ensure senior management are informed of any changes to statutory or legal requirements regarding payroll, pensions etc.
- Administrator for group company pension. Manage the Auto Enrolment process/ pension scheme joiners/leavers.
- Conduct Payroll Inductions for new starters.
- Perform reconciliations for all payroll, loans, and advance accounts. Manage loan accounts and loan interest schedules. Post Month End payroll related journals.
- Administrator for company PMI, travel & MediCash benefits. Manage Irish pension & PMI schemes. Manage Group PHI & Health Insurance Data & Renewals.
- Process and check all staff expenses for inclusion in monthly payroll.
- Compile annual P11D Expenses & Benefits and submit all HMRC statutory returns.
- Process 3rd Party payroll related payments and any ad hoc payments as required.
- Respond to all HMRC payroll/benefit related enquires.
- Manage In-Year & Year End software changes/ upgrades (coordinate internal support as necessary).
- Update system for Starter/Leaver user access, holiday system.
- Provide support for the finance department as required including acting as back up for Cash Book daily routine.
Required Skills and Experience of the Payroll Advisor
- A recognised payroll qualification is preferred, e.g., CIPP or equivalent professional body
- Exceptional knowledge of current payroll related legislation in the UK. Knowledge of payroll legislation and processes in Ireland is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills to assist with query resolution
- Strong system skills
- Willingness to take on new tasks and to adapt to changing technology
Location: Slough, Berkshire (3 days home working & 2 days in Slough)
Status: 6 Month Contract (Full or Part time)
Salary: £35-40K depending on experience