IT Project Manager with ERP Implementation experience is required to join the Delivery / Consulting team of our client, a market leading, construction specific software provider. The primary focus of the role is the delivery of ERP implementation projects to both existing and new customers.
The IT Project Manager will have experience of delivering at least three such successful projects in their career to date and ideally these will have been in the construction / housebuilding sector.
Suitable candidates for the IT Project Manager role will have excellent communication skills / stakeholder management experience. He or she will be self-driven, delivery focused and able to build successful working relationships with both external and internal customers.
IT Project Manager
Key responsibilities and Tasks
- Establish detailed scope of the project during Project Initiation and agree/sign off scope with client.
- Be responsible for all project communication. Provide regular status updates to all stakeholders. Highlight progress/risks/issues. Maintain the current project plan.
- Provide or work with the client to manage project planning, resource scheduling and issues management
- Manage client variations and changes to project scope of any of the following: (deliverables/time/quality/costs/resources) and ensure that change controls/authorisation and project governance procedures are adhered to. (Includes software development).
- Where software development is required, work with the client and the company’s development PMO to ensure that requirements are recorded, documented, agreed, accepted, delivered as per agreed schedule, installed, tested, signed off and billed.
- Work with the client to record/control/action/resolve/mitigate project issues.
- Work with the client to record and mitigate project risks.
- Work with the client to ensure that Quality Criteria are recorded/measured/tested and signed off.
- Be responsible for closing a project, ensuring handover to Support Team and project signoff by client.
- Provide ‘pre-sale/pre-project’ demonstration resources as required for potential clients.
IT Project Manager
Essential / Desired Skills, Qualifications and Behaviours
- Previous experience with ERP system implementations
- PRINCE2 qualification or other project methodology.
- Prior project management experience.
- Ability for extensive travel to business locations within the UK and Ireland
Location: Hybrid role (Largely home based with some travel to UK clients and main offices in Slough)
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Competitive with Benefits