Director of Delivery – ERP Software required for our client, a market-leading international software company. The UK & Ireland Director of Delivery is responsible for the delivery of all projects in the UK, Ireland and Europe. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, they will be responsible for the management and continued development of a national Project Delivery team comprising experienced and junior project managers, a Project Management Office and consulting teams managing and delivering over 150 projects at any time.
The primary focus is the further development and management of this team, providing direction on all commercial and management aspects of managing a national project delivery team, project management and consulting processes and practices, project controls and ensuring that the commercial and quality aspects and processes of all projects are adhered to and that the values of the company are foremost in what we do.
They are expected to manage, maintain and develop project controls and tools for project management. This is likely to include the selection and implementation of a technology-based project management system to aid and develop these controls further.
In addition, the Director of Delivery is responsible for managing the high-level customer relationship from a project delivery perspective.
- Drive quality into the project management of the people, processes and technology
- Drive quality into consultancy processes and ensure commercial awareness
- Collaborate with the Global territories to promote good project management practices
- Observe and practice the company values-based approach in the appraisal of performance
- Demonstrates leadership capability, leading by example
- Clear planning, prioritising and self-organisation processes
- Assertive, articulate and respectful in communication style
- Uses diplomacy to highlight/escalate issues and guides discussions towards gaining solutions
- Develops strong working relationships based on honesty
- Seeks out key stakeholders and builds positive, long term, working relationships
- Gains commitment/co-operation to ideas and plans
- Trusted to deliver, gains credibility and commitment to projects
- Demonstrates an articulate and reasoned approach
- Influences individuals and teams by adapting personal styles to situations
- Role models team working and collaborative approaches to projects
- Adept at identifying and adapting conversations when opportunities arise
- At ease working with a range of different personalities and styles
- Discerning, calm and resilient demeanour when challenged
- Identify customer/business needs and derive ‘clues’ through skillful questioning and listening
- Is adept at managing relationships and conflicts with respect and integrity
- Demonstrates resilience when under pressure and in challenging situations
Skills and experience:
- Management of an ERP or service delivery teams
- PRINCE2 Practitioner or equivalent senior project management qualification
- Development of Project methodology, controls and risk
- Direct Project Management of a portfolio of projects or project workstreams
- Record keeping (e.g., timesheets and billing)
- Customer relationship management
- Conflict management
- Management and resolution against technical specifications
- Presentation design and delivery
- PC literate with aptitude to learn new software applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Highly customer focused
- Good analytical and technical skills
- Ability to prioritise and rationally escalate issues, and delegate activities
- Sound time management and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under pressure
- Team player
One of the market leaders in providing software solutions to the Construction and Home Building industry, our client provides efficiency boosting, end-to-end cloud-based business solutions developed for construction.
Our client is a global company with over 350 employees based around the world, delivering projects and solutions to over 400 global customers with more than 100,000 end users. Powerful software solutions are designed specifically for contracting, development, home building, engineering and service management businesses.
Designing, creating and delivering construction software built by industry experts – with the specifics and complexities of the construction world in mind. Our client has more than 40 years’ experience serving construction professionals. The company’s global team has unrivalled industry knowledge gained through working with the world’s leading construction companies. This experience enables end-to-end construction solutions that add true business value throughout the construction lifecycle, improving compliance, refining business processes, increasing transparency and boosting efficiency.
Projects are managed and delivered using proven processes based on Prince2 methods. A highly experienced team of Project Managers and industry specialist Consultants provide implementation expertise to the customers to help them get value from solutions at the earliest possible stage, working in partnership with construction businesses to deliver solutions enabling them, their supply chain and workforce to work better together on site, off site, on the road and in the office.
Location: Remote (Head office Slough, Berkshire)
Salary: Very competitive salary and benefits package
Status: Permanent, Full Time