If you are a highly motivated, Part Qualified Practice Accountant who has the desire to work hard and progress in accountancy as a profession – then please read on.
Our client is a unique, innovative and highly respected firm of chartered accountants, based in the centre of Woking – close to the train station. This is an ideal opportunity for someone to progress their professional career. You will be a graduate with strong academics, or someone who has come through the AAT route, who is looking for a role where you can develop your skills and continue to study towards a professional qualification. You will be excited by the prospect of joining an exceptional, local firm with over 30 staff.
Our client is a very well established and successful firm of Chartered Accountants working almost exclusively with the social enterprise and not for profit sector, providing outsourced finance solutions. They act as Finance Directors for many clients and provide payroll and management / statutory accounting services.
The Part Qualified Practice Accountant will continue on a structured training programme, combining study with working for two or three Accounts Seniors/Supervisors in our client’s busy accounts team. They will progress to ACA or ACCA qualification.
The Part Qualified Practice Accountant Role will involve:
- Technical – on-the-job training and studying towards your professional qualification will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit and accountancy
- Developing an understanding of the clients / Client liaison
- Assisting the Accounts Seniors / Supervisors in preparation of management and statutory accounts and audit files
- Highlighting issues and problems for the attention of Accounts Seniors / Supervisors
- Becoming familiar with the accounting and payroll software
- Obtaining information and resolving queries with client staff, building relationships with key contacts
- Professional communication and (self) management
- Working as part of a team to undertake a variety of accountancy tasks for our diverse client base
- Understanding from your Accounts Seniors / Supervisors the scope of tasks allocated and objectives to be achieved
- Keeping Accounts Seniors / Supervisors fully informed of any issues and problems, ensuring that work is completed on time and to a level agreed with the manager and record clearly and concisely work done
In return, our client will provide:
- A training contract for ACA or ACCA
- A very competitive starting salary
- The opportunity to work, learn, develop and grow in a very successful and positive environment
- Great potential for career progression within this growing organisation, where management opportunities are frequently available
Location: Woking, Surrey
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Competitive depending on experience, plus study package