Part Qualified Accountant required for a successful international business based in Sheerwater, near Woking, Surrey. Our client, a highly respected and market leading industrial company, requires a Part Qualified Accountant to join their small finance team.
While this is a very much a “hands dirty”, detail-oriented role, it has many interesting aspects to it and there is the very real possibility of future progression. Four entities report through Woking, the European Head Office into the Global Head Office in the United States.
The purpose of the Part Qualified Accountant is to assume a variety of duties, including daily / monthly accounting and financial reporting and analysis work – within the framework of a growing multinational corporation. Suitable candidates will be studying or have completed ACCA, CIMA or ACA. They will also be computer literate and have experience of utilizing / extracting data from an ERP system.
In return the chosen candidate will receive a very competitive salary, company bonus and a company contribution pension scheme. In addition, there is the opportunity for future progression. Hours are 8:30 to 4:30, there is parking on site and the role comes with twenty-five days holiday.
Principle Accountabilities of the Part Qualified Accountant
- Performs general accounting duties as required, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations.
- Maintains fixed asset records and manages company Capex reporting
- Responsible for preparing and filing multiple jurisdiction tax and VAT returns in a timely manner
- Assists in any sales tax and/or property tax audits
- Assumes a complementary role in various stages of the annual budget preparation
- Responsible for operating lease reporting; including various escalating leases
- Assists FM with the external Semi-Annual Review and Annual Financial Statement Audits; including preparation of various footnote disclosures
Qualifications and Behaviours of the Part Qualified Accountant
- Qualified / Part Qualified Accountant. ( ACCA / CIMA / ACA or Equivalent)
- Advanced PC skills with Microsoft Office Excel and intermediate skill level with Power Point, and Word.
- Experience utilizing and extracting data from an ERP system (Preferably with knowledge of Syteline) but not essential.
- Demonstrated track record of project management: identifying, owning, and driving projects to completion.
- Foreign language, French, German would be a plus
Location: Sheerwater, near Woking
Salary: £38K to £42K, plus benefits including bonus scheme.
On-site parking, 25 days holiday and hours are 8:30 to 4:30.
Status: Permanent, Full Time